The Hatch Project Delivery group is seeking a Junior Estimator with interest in Project Management and Construction. Reporting to the Regional Manager of Project Control you will support projects globally based out of our Saskatoon location.
What Will a Career at Hatch Offer You:
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
- Work on problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning on a daily basis
- Gain relevant experience and support in obtaining your professional designation
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs, Sustainability Week, Toastmasters, and more to develop your skills
- Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities.
- Understanding estimating scope of work, deliverables, schedule of execution, estimate structure, formats and reports
- Familiarize with estimate plan
- Delivery of an accurate and comprehensive estimate in accordance with estimating procedures, standards and practices
- Calculation of direct and indirect costs form a first principle basis or factorization as applicable
- Calculation of cash expenditure, predicted escalation over project duration
- Monitoring and upgrading of estimating database
Education and Experience:
- Must be working towards graduating in 2022, or recently graduated, with a degree in Engineering, Economics, Commerce. Math or related program.
- Excel academically while being actively involved in extra-curricular and/or volunteer activities at school or in the community
- Knowledge of EPC/LSTK estimating techniques
- Cross border/overseas estimating experience or knowledge would be an asset
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Adapts and embraces change
For more information on our graduate recruiting process visit hatch.com/students.
Note: all applicants must also submit an official or unofficial transcript