With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
We're at the forefront of our clients' digital transformation journey, successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients' projects and operations that unlock a step change in their performance. Join the team to improve project outcomes, leverage the digital twin, deliver systems integration and interoperability, and support decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
Azure is used as a Platform for Hatch’s new Digital Project Delivery (DPD) toolset and applications in the Hatch Enterprise Information Management Tenant. The Global Azure Administrator will be responsible for the wellbeing of all DPD tools by supporting and monitoring the environment in conjunction with the ICT team.
Hatch has developed several applications that sit on top of our CDE and provide data to our DPD project teams. As an Azure Admin you will be responsible for the monitoring, the availability of these apps and data transfers used to populate these services. The three (3) primary ones are DataShare, PackageShare and ReportShare which will be described to you.
- Monitor Application insights continuously and develop predictive data analysis
- Log bugs/issues in Azure DevOps and follow up with dev teams
- Understand and interpret Azure Monitor results from all resources
- Monitor Elastic cluster performance / index integrity
- Understand and advise developers and architects on system improvements
- Escalation of errors to system owners (i.e. for Azure Data Factory to DT Resources Catalin)
- Monitor VM's (Elastic, PW , BA Insight Hub) alongside ICT team
- Proactively Identify performance issues through the tenant
- Maintaining/Understanding the Terraform template for HatchEIM, provisioning resources
- Escalation of tickets from service desk
- Administration of other Microsoft services like PowerBI
- Creating dashboards to summarize the performance of the system
- Documentation around application administration for each app
- Understand and be part of the change management process Azure DevOps pipelines deployment to PRD
- Monitor/ Report Azure cost trends for all resources in tenant to identify potential cost savings
- Demonstrates specific knowledge of Microsoft Azure services
- How to use Log Analytics in the Azure Portal to write Azure Monitor log queries
- Also needs a basic understanding of how to perform the below tasks:
- Use Log Analytics to write a simple query
- Understand the schema of the Hatch data
- Filter, sort, and group results
- Apply a time range
- Create charts
- Save and load queries
- Export and share queries
- Write scripts to extract data out of Application Insights
- Manage Storage in the CDE environment
- Basic DevOps knowledge
- Understanding and supporting the Security and protected identities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Technologies including SQL, Email, PowerShell, JSON, HTML, SharePoint
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated soft skills required such as presentation of ideas and ability to clearly articulate the concepts to senior management
- Demonstrates ability to work and conduct research independently
- Manages time efficiently and multi-tasks effectively
- Can think and work quickly to remedy system shutdowns or serious software problems
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field is required.
- In-depth Azure knowledge
- PowerShell, TSQL, or Azure Scripting (scripting experience required)
- SharePoint knowledge will be beneficial
- PowerBI experience will be beneficial
- 3- 5 years’ experience with administration of Azure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Microsoft Certifications will be beneficial e.g. Microsoft 365 Certified or Certified Azure Administrator Certificate
- Some overtime or nontraditional hours may be required in order to quickly address issues
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.