Hatch is looking for a senior mechanical engineer to join our growing team in the St. John's office. In this position, you will be a part of our solid multidisciplinary team working on stimulating projects that you will be proud to be a solid contributor.
- Contribute to the successful execution of our engineering and design projects.
- Prepare and/or review calculations and detailed analysis, as required.
- Prepare equipment specification packages.
- Check manufacturer drawings and data for compliance with specifications.
- Prepare detailed design, supply, construction, and installation specifications.
- Develop conceptual designs, studies, reports and proposals.
- Ensure effective communication within and between project disciplines and with client engineers.
- Participate in company business development activities.
- Visit project sites and other Hatch offices for project related activities as required.
- Ability to work and communicate positively within a team-based environment to ensure all deliverables are in conformance with engineering codes, standards, quality, schedule and budgetary restraints.
- Commitment to take responsibility for the job function, and to look beyond their job function to understand how their work is used and influences others.
- Strong personal commitment to Safety and Quality.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering degree with minimum 10 years of experience.
- Registered, or ability to register, as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
- Experience with engineering design, 3D modeling, specification writing, project and package management and client relations.
- Knowledge of industry regulatory codes and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Safety awareness.
At Hatch, we challenge the status quo and create positive change for our employees, and the communities and clients we serve in the mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors. We’re inclusive, collaborating no matter where in the world we are. You are part of a community at Hatch, one that fosters career growth and education, is philanthropic in nature, and where entrepreneurship is key to success.
If you’re passionate and committed to building a better world through positive change, our global organization may have just the opportunity you desire.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Hatch, please note we will contact candidates who meet the required qualifications.