With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our energy expertise in the oil and gas sector comprises the entire value chain - upstream, midstream, and downstream; and in the power sector includes thermal, nuclear, waterpower, renewable, hybrid, transmission and distribution, and grid modernization. Join our vision of a low-carbon world and help make positive change!
Hatch is seeking a Senior Process Engineer to join our established team of professionals in Calgary. This is an awesome career growth opportunity for a high energy, self-managed individual to work on diverse projects and technologies for local and global clients.
The role requires a proven track record in the development and delivery of process engineering outcomes including specific design and/or operating experience in ammonia plant. Accordingly, a Chemical / Process Engineering qualification is essential while a demonstration of project delivery in accordance with budget, schedule, quality as well as a detailed oriented attitude are other key performance areas.
- Formulate engineering work plans, effort estimation and writing technical reports on projects and proposals.
- Execute technical feasibility studies, conceptual design, and process design and studies.
- Act as Process lead on the projects
- Assist in the development and review of all the standard process engineering deliverables like design basis, process design criteria, HMB, PFDs and P&IDs among various others.
- Develop/Review process simulations (HYSYS and other process simulators) and heat/material balance.
- Review of vendor equipment quotes, drawings etc.
- Collaborate with project team to achieve project objectives.
- Interface with other departments, project managers, engineers, clients, and vendors during all phases of projects to ensure a good working interface; and
- Provide appropriate engineering input and a technical overview to design activities undertaken by design/drafting staff residing within or outside the project team.
Skills and Experience
- Professional designation (P.Eng.) or eligible for registration with APEGA.
- 5-10+ years of experience.
- Previous ammonia plant design and/or operating experience is required, any experience in hydrogen design/operations area is an asset.
- Process design experience including standard process deliverables P&IDs, cause and effect diagrams, hazard and operability design reviews and systems support services.
- Experience with technical studies, FEED and systems design experience including piping and instrument diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, hazard and operability design reviews and systems support services.
- Working knowledge of detailed design project (EPC and EPCM) execution for oil & gas, chemical and/or power industry clients.
- Knowledge of federal/provincial safety policies and procedures along with general understanding of International and Canadian codes and standards.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally