Our PDG group helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Ensure that all work designed or supplied by the mechanical or piping engineering discipline complies with the relevant sections of mandatory health and safety standards, including any regulations or codes referred to within the required jurisdiction for the Project with due consideration of relevant client engineering standards
- Develop a thorough understanding of the project requirements as they relate to scope, execution strategy, cost and schedule with the Engineering Manager
- Prepare a list of engineering deliverables and time-based functions to facilitate the planning and control of the engineering budget
- Develop the work plan for insertion into the Project specific execution plan and develop and maintain the Project’s scope of work documentation and revise as required during the design evolution
- Manage and review the engineering work packages associated with all deliverables and time-based functions to ensure that budgets and schedules are being met, and take corrective action if necessary
- Review and approve technical deliverables
- Assist in the preparation and development of project specific procedures
- Manage system requirements to achieve the Project results and monitor effectiveness
- Represent the Mechanical/Piping practice in project engineering co-ordination meetings
- Ensure coordination, between the Mechanical/Piping team and other disciplines of all activities being performed as the design evolves
- Ensure that quality audits of engineering work are carried out in accordance with Project procedures and the quality assurance plan and maintain technical documentation
- Participate in HAZOP reviews
- Ensure resolution of engineering issues during Project lifecycle, including planning phase, design, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning
- Promote and maintain the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of engineering work
- Adhere to and promote the Hatch corporate safety culture.
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited university
- Professional Engineer license is a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years engineering experience
- Background in the nuclear industry and familiarity with nuclear codes and standards to support current project work is preferred but not required
- Ability to manage and motivate individuals to attain quality, cost and schedule objectives
- Strong deliverable focus, ability to plan the work
- A high degree of understanding of inter-discipline dependencies related to the discipline
- Good understanding of procurement, contracting and commissioning methodologies
- Sound knowledge of codes and standards applicable to the Project
- Sound technical knowledge of Piping, including P&ID development, line sizing, material selection, isolation requirements and valve selection.
- Familiarity with the requirements and application of pipe stress analysis
- Knowledge of advanced Piping systems and management tools
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Site experience in a technical role is preferred.
Why join us?
Develop innovation partnerships
Think locally, work globally
Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top Employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally