Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Civil Designer to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group.
In this role, working closely with the engineering design team, you will be to lead design phases and implement design standards on large mining infrastructure projects of high complexity and may provide specialty and technical guidance and mentoring to other technician/design staff to provide innovation while maintaining standards and procedures. You will model using InRoads and OpenRoads Designer, review engineering drawings and supporting documentation for details, accuracy and completeness. The position will support business development and delivery of studies and detailed design necessary for project execution. You will review and prepare models and drawings and work together with Engineers to develop design detail drawings and quantities and various supporting documents. You will also assist with advanced CAD and BIM technology development working with others and continuing Hatch's leadership with design.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Uses knowledge of tools and drafting to complete assigned tasks including 2D and 3D model development, completing design changes, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, annotating and drafting using both CAD platforms Civil 3D and Inroads. Experience with OpenRoads is considered an advantage.
- Coordinates submittals for clients, governmental agencies, permitting agencies, etc. for reviews, approvals, and other milestones.
- Performs thorough quality control (QA/QC) of models and drawings for standards compliance, discipline coordination and ensures comments have been addressed by the responsible CAD Technician staff.
- Performs thorough quality control (QA/QC) of construction documents and provides design ideas and solutions.
- Performs complex design tasks on projects with understanding of multidisciplinary environment not expecting to be fed information, but rather contacting team members from other disciplines for necessary inputs
You bring to the role:
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of project requirements, including budget, quality requirements, and complete project submittal.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Ability to work with other disciplines’ professionals on large complex projects.
- Ability to lead midsize to large design production teams in a working-remotely environment.
- Working knowledge of software programs including Autodesk and Bentley products including but not limited to Infraworks, Microstation, ConceptStation and ProjectWise.
- Ability to work with point clouds to model existing facilities and features.
- Working knowledge of basic engineering calculations.
- Previous experience with civil mining infrastructure, including earthworks, stormwater management, road design and wastewater collection systems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally