Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients with world-class project delivery from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies through our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
Hatch currently has several Intermediate to Senior PM roles available across Metals, Infrastructure and Energy business units. Roles can be based out of any Hatch Office in Canada. Responsible for managing, coordinating and administering the project (or portfolio of projects) during all delivery stages of the project lifecycle: from project definition, setup, execution, monitoring and controlling to final closing out of the project. Overall, responsible to deliver the project and/or portfolio of projects within the scope, cost and schedule baseline, and ensure that the project is delivered within the safety, quality and environmental best practices set out by Hatch and the client for the project.
- Displays and actively promotes behavior aligned to Hatch’s goal of achieving a total safety culture by:
- Acting as a mentor for the implementation of Hatch safety standards to contractors.
- Develops and obtains sign-off from client on Project Execution Plan (PEP) and Client’s Requirement Specification.
- Develops and resources an appropriate organization structure, and ensures that the entire project team has the required resources for the work.
- Provides leadership to the project and creates a highly committed and aligned team environment with all who can influence the project’s outcomes.
- Ensures governance on the project, specifically compliance to Hatch and client delegations of authority, procedures and policies, project reviews.
- Authorizes all commitments of expenditure on the project (subject to agreed delegation), and approves payment of invoices, manages claims responses and settlement processes.
- Develops a detailed scope, cost and schedule control baseline, and manages any project changes in terms of this agreed control baseline.
- Obtains client's acceptance of the work and sign-off for the completed project. Is responsible for the preparation and submission of the final project close out report, and prompt closeout of the prime contract.
- Establishes and manages the invoicing process with the client, to ensure that all invoices are effectively delivered to the client with the relevant and agreed backup, to ensure efficient process by the client for payment of the works executed by Hatch.
- Ensures compliance to the project Environmental and Safety Management Plan.
- Strong communications with the client and the project team.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in engineering or other relevant discipline.
- 10 years' experience in Project Management for an EPCM company.
- Greater than ten years’ experience in cross functional leadership roles in a project delivery environment.
- The ability to evaluate, understand, apply, grow, and mentor the Hatch team including Engineering, Document Management, Cost Control, Schedule, PSC, Commercial, Risk, Quality, Safety, Construction, etc.
- Experience in managing multi discipline projects.
- Experience in engineering, procurement and construction, and other project-related activities, their interfaces and interdependencies. Broad knowledge of industry standards.
- Project performance monitoring and reporting.
- Mechanical/Electrical or Process engineering qualification.
- Working knowledge of engineering, project control systems, Procurement/Contracting and construction management.
- Business development skills, especially proposal lead experience.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally