Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients with world-class project delivery from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies through our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
Hatch is seeking an Intermediate Estimator to join our team in Mississauga. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working on heavy industrial construction projects as well as experience with the Project Life Cycle.
- Understanding estimating scope of work, deliverables, schedule of execution, estimate structure, formats and reports
- Familiarize with estimate plan
- Delivery of an accurate and comprehensive estimate in accordance with estimating procedures, standards and practices
- Calculation of direct and indirect costs form a first principle basis or factorization as applicable
- Calculation of cash expenditure, predicted escalation over project duration
- Monitoring and upgrading of estimating database
Qualifications and Experience
- Five to ten years’ experience in a first principle estimating environment, ideally on large multi-discipline projects in an EPCM environment throughout various classes of estimate
- Strong MS Office skills and experience with estimating tools and systems
- Site experience including hands on knowledge of D.F.L and production rates
- Previous experience on an underground mine infrastructure project preferred
- Knowledge of EPC/LSTK estimating techniques
- Cross border/overseas estimating experience
- Commercial/contractual knowledge
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally