If it isn't grown, it's mined. Our mining and metals teams help our clients to safely and sustainably mine the minerals and metals used in our everyday lives. Want to play a part of innovating and optimizing the mining life cycle on greenfield and brownfield facilities? Apply today!
This is an exciting time to join Hatch as a Battery Material - Cathode Active Material (CAM) Consultant. Hatch has created a new sector practice, Battery Market Solutions (BMS), to tackle our client's toughest challenges in the Li-ion value chain, from the mining to the recycling. As a subject matter expert, you will work with both internal staff as well as our clients to provide guidance, coordination and supervision of metallurgical/processing fieldwork, ensuring the effective execution of the Project.
Overall this role will allow you to:
- Be at the forefront of the latest developments in Battery Materials
- Utilize a strong first principle approach and deep technical process knowledge across hydrometallurgy and pyrometallurgy unit operations
- Gain exposure to diverse and dynamic global clients, projects, and engineering teams.
- Study, design and help construct Battery Chemical Facilities
Tasks & Responsibilities such as, but not limited to:
- Support projects on the technical aspects ie: mass & energy balances, equipment selection, sizing and specification, process design criteria, etc.
- Support Sr. Process Engineers and Project Managers in Business Development
- Assist in studies for various related projects
- Provide process design requirements for cathode materials synthesis to the Engineering teams.
- Ensure process specifications portray the appropriate information and design intent
- Work with project team to prepare capital and operating cost estimates
- Liaise with clients, contractors, and/or field personnel as necessary to assist with meeting key deliverables
- Material synthesis experience of cathode material, (expertise in LFP preparation at industrial scale is particularly desirable, but not a necessity)
- Chemical or Metallurgical degree from an accredited College or University
- 10+ years experience in metallurgical field
- PEO eligible
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally