Hatch is seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Developer to join the Digital Products Development team.
Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey. This journey will lead to better outcomes for our clients, people and the planet through innovative new technology-based solutions. Hatch is all about innovation. We challenge our clients with innovative ideas that help them take their business to higher levels. We challenge our employees to act as entrepreneurs in a flat, connected organization to solve our clients’ problems.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a creative individual who strives to deliver superior digital products in an industry of accelerated change and innovation. This role is within our Digital Products group and focuses on identifying, designing, building and productizing Hatch deep subject matter expertise.
A successful Senior Software Developer at Hatch is a passionate person who is confident and has exceptional communication skills; an outcome-oriented person who enjoys setting the direction and mentoring others, but also likes to lead by doing.
A successful candidate would:
- Be involved with all technical activities within the team such as estimating, architecting, designing, software development life cycle activities (we use Agile), code reviews, documentation creation.
- Level up our software standards by introducing best practices and guiding their adoption.
- Drive our team culture by communicating well, mentoring others, and participating in growing out our team.
- Love the challenge of engineering and solving challenging problems. Automate away all the boring stuff and design stellar solutions for our customers.
- 5+ years’ experience working on a development team, experience actively mentoring junior team members and helping shape a quality product/solution. Proven capabilities in the following technologies:
- Recent knowledge of one of a set of backend technologies (C#/.NET, Java, Go, Node.js, etc.)
- Proficient in working with Cloud Providers (Azure, AWS, GCP) AND architecting or implementing your own cloud solutions
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps or other equivalent CICD tools
- Familiarity with a database solution (e.g., SQL Server, Azure Storage, MongoDB/Cosmos DB, etc.)
- Protocol – REST via Web API + JSON
- Experience with designing end to end solutions and/or Products
- Experience evaluating new development frameworks and technologies and provide adoption recommendations
- Experience with Agile and Kanban methodologies and working in teams of mixed disciplines.
- A strong appreciation for all skillset needed to build amazing products. Including (but not limited to) Subject matter experts, engineers, designer and user experience.
- Experience building consensus across teams
- Trust is the foundation of a strong team, must be a self-starter, organized and needs minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training or work experience
Working knowledge in the following areas considered an asset:
- Docker or other virtualization tools
- Azure Machines Learning services
- DevOps, CI/CD best practices and related technologies.
*We are open to hiring for this position in either our Mississauga or St. John's office locations.