Hatch is currently seeking a young highly motivated Technical Product Implementation Specialist to join the Digital group in Mississauga. As part of Hatch’s Digital Project Delivery Support (DPD) team as a Technical Product Implementation Specialist you will configure, administer, maintain, and support the COMOS application on projects and for the company as a default project application tool.
As the successful candidate, you will:
For the Project:
- Investigate, manage, and resolve issues identified by project users, engaging additional specialists where needed.
- Collect and understand requests for minor changes on project level and points out alternative options where possible.
- Generate custom reports, by understanding the needs, priorities, alternatives necessary to support the project’s objectives.
- Participate in project setup of the Digital Project Delivery suite of tools.
- Plan and conduct training of other support staff, discipline Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and users on how to get the most out of COMOS by role, ie increase productivity and efficiency.
- Configure client specific tagging formats and symbols, report templates and queries
- Monitor and maintain integration to 3rd party applications on projects to ensure data integrity is maintained throughout the common data environment.
For the Company:
- Learn and understand the Hatch configuration for the COMOS design tool.
- Communicate any required enhancements to the COMOS BIM Manager and development team
- Prioritize bugs and enhancements in conjunction with other functional support personnel and Global Discipline representatives.
- Collaborate with QA team members to develop and run test scenarios and test cases.
- Perform functional acceptance testing of bug fixes, minor enhancements and major enhancements and assist with user acceptance testing.
- Assist with knowledge capture and with the maintenance and update of users, marketing and training materials, manuals, and tutorials.
- Support business development initiatives.
- Understand and assist with data flow and Data Transfer Objects (DTO) requirements with Hatch’s common data environment.
- Support the roll out of new versions of COMOS in conjunction with the COMOS development team
You bring to the role or need to develop in the role:
- A recognized degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited College or University.
- Knowledge of automation and data modeling, systems, and data integration.
- Good understanding of Databases and Data Structures.
- Authoring tool experience in COMOS is an asset but not required; training on the job is provided.
- Preferred programming Experience in: VB Scripting, VB, and/or C#.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Software configuration/development and project support experience
- Experience working directly on projects in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment.
- Experience in PFD, P&ID and/or EC&I design are highly beneficial.
- CAD Experience: MicroStation, AutoCAD is beneficial
- BIM Experience: Aveva suite, Bentley OpenPlant suite, Hexagon SmartPlant suite is beneficial
- Programming Experience: VB Scripting required. Beneficial: APIs (RESTful APIs and OpenAPI), Power BI, HTML5
- Availability to travel when required.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally