Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior .Net Software Developer to join the Digital group in Mississauga.
Digital solutions have become a key component of the strategic direction and vision of today’s modern organizations. Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey by working to define the best methods and making sure they are supported by the right technology and an enabled workforce. This journey will lead to improve project outcomes, being able to leverage the digital twin, systems integration and interoperability, support for decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a creative individual who strives to deliver superior technology solutions to external and internal clients. You will have working experience with a number of application technologies including .NET, Azure cloud services and other Microsoft development platforms, and have demonstrated skills working in an agile and scrum methodology environment. At Hatch you will work in a team setting around the globe with Hatch’s Ontario office in Mississauga. We are in search of a outcome oriented, self-starter who is confident and has exceptional communication skills. You will be a person who thrives in an open world environment, but knows how to find a balance with guidelines. You are also a person that can work around flexible working hours as we are bound working with people in various time zones.
Hatch is all about challenge. We challenge our clients with innovative ideas that help them take their business to higher levels. We challenge our employees to take on responsibilities and take initiative regardless of position title or job description.
Our Hatch Digital team offers a wide range of technology related services and solutions that support our global Hatch network and our client solutions. In this role, you will be a part of the Systems Development group. You will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external applications and technology solutions within the modern .NET ecosystem, including web and mobile applications as well as other platforms and technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Azure services, and Azure DevOps.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Work in Agile teams to complete the committed backlog within the agreed upon timeline
- Develop and execute user stories adhering to the acceptance criteria as written and committed to
- Be involved with all technical activities within the team such as estimating, sprint planning, software development life cycle activities, code reviews, testing, research, deployments and documentation creation
- Contribute to design and architecture investigations and decisions
- Emphasize the collaboration and communication of both the development teams and IT to automate the process of software delivery
- Advise on risk and order of feature development with the overall goal of delivering valuable, working software to production in a continuous release product lifecycle
- Remain abreast of technology developments within fields relevant to current and future initiatives and development work
- Communicate open items and issues to key stakeholders, including management and architecture teams
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiencies
- Work well in a team environment with shared code; disciplined use of source control and process documentation.
You bring to the role:
- 5+ years’ experience working on a development team, providing technical
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training or work experience
- The ability to develop and enhance applications using technologies relevant to current and future initiatives and development work
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques, software usability and software prototyping
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts and technologies
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability
- Proven capabilities in the following technologies:
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Azure including storage accounts, API apps and Web Apps, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, Azure EventGrid, Logic Apps, SignalR, Azure Authentication/Authorization Models , KeyVault
- Azure Stream Analytics
- Management services
- Angular, Node, Knockout, React
- Protocol – REST via Web API + JSON, OData
- SQL Server, Azure Storage (DataLake)
- Design patterns (MVC, MVVM, DDD)
- Azure DevOps
- Experience with designing end to end solutions
- Experience evaluating new development frameworks and technologies and provide adoption recommendations
- Demonstrated extensive experience to interpret user stories and acceptance criteria and break them into testable tasks that can be committed to and delivered within a given sprint
- Experience with software configuration management; software quality assurance methodologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies and working in teams
- Experience building and supporting mission critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner
- Experience building consensus across teams and working within teams in disparate geographic locations
- High motivation and commitment to quality and customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with different levels of stakeholders from different parts of the world
- Must be a self-starter and organized and needs minimal supervision
- Understanding of all aspects of software development and implementation
- The ability to work in an agile environment
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours as part of a global team and to travel as required
Working knowledge and experience in the following technologies is considered an asset:
- Cloud Foundry or other cloud providers such as AWS and Google.
- Docker or other virtualization tools
- NoSQL databases like Cosmos DB or MongoDB
- DevOps, CI/CD best practices and related technologies.
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Technologies
- MS SharePoint online
- Microsoft PowerBI
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally