Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Systems Engineer/Systems Integration Leader to join our North American Infrastructure group in our Rail Systems team in the Vancouver, British Columbia location.
In this role the successful candidate will lead rail systems projects in coordination with Hatch’s global rail systems practice. Our ideal candidate will be a senior rail systems engineer, licensed as a professional engineer, and have 10+ years of experience designing and/or integrating rail systems, including signaling and train control, communications, traction power, and all ancillary systems. The candidate shall have a thorough knowledge of the systems engineering practice (ISO 15288 or similar) in the rail industry and a proven track record in developing and implementing systems engineering and integration programs, in multidisciplinary engineering teams on complex rail systems programs.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Provide design and technical integration leadership in the rail systems domain.
- Understand and be able to interface with RAM, systems assurance and overall program safety activities within the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Provide leadership, direction and technical guidance to staff and consultants to ensure that quality technical services are provided to clients.
- Manage project production, changes, client relations, and project management of the rail systems components of projects to ensure quality, client satisfaction, and profitability of all projects.
- Assist in pursuits, client relationship building efforts, building the technical practice, and recruiting of staff in rail and rail systems areas.
You bring to the role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Professional engineering (P.Eng.) license.
- 10+ years of progressive rail systems engineering experience.
- Knowledge of US (FTA & FRA), CENELEC, and ISO rail delivery standards and practices.
- Experience delivering in both brown and green field rail systems environments, including migration from legacy systems.
- Thorough knowledge of systems engineering and systems integration in the railway environment.
- Detailed understanding of rail operations, stations, track, and other civil aspects of the railway as they relate to the integration of rail systems.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Ability and experience training and developing staff and educating clients.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally