Hatch is seeking a highly motivated Application Architect with a focus on front-end technologies to join the Product Development team in the Digital Practice.
Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey. This journey will lead to better outcomes for our clients, people and the planet through innovative decision-making support, autonomous execution, integrated operations and innovative new technology-based solutions.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a creative individual who strives to deliver superior digital products in an industry of accelerated change and innovation. This role is within our Digital Products group and focuses on identifying, designing, building and productizing Hatch deep subject matter expertise
Hatch is all about innovation. We challenge our clients with innovative ideas that help them take their business to higher levels. We challenge our employees to act as entrepreneurs in a flat, connected organization to solve our clients’ problems.
A successful Application Architect at Hatch is a passionate person who is confident and has exceptional communication skills; an outcome-oriented person who enjoys setting the direction and mentoring others, but also likes to lead by doing.
Experience and skills important for the role:
- Be passionate about the craft of building product that solves some of the world’s toughest problems
- Leading and inspiring software developers, and working with industry experts to create elegant, flexible and innovative solutions
- Understanding and deploying practical application of software development processes, specifically around Agile/Lean and DevOps
- Bringing hands-on experience in designing, planning and building enterprise web applications
- Leading activities within the team such as estimating, sprint planning, software development life cycle activities, code reviews, testing processes, research, and releases planning
- Curiosity and passion to do your homework, remaining abreast of technology developments and how they can drive improved business and user outcomes
- 8+ years’ experience leading and mentoring a development team, and designing and building modern, robust, scalable applications
- Working in cross-functional teams including designers, and industry subject matter experts
- Deep experience in cloud native applications and architectures, including creating reusable, clean code using concepts like TDD, SOLID, and DRY principles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
Knowledge in the following areas consider an asset:
- Our teams are increasingly working with React Native and Flutter so openness to cross-platform mobile development is an asset
- Knowledge of accessibility standards
- Azure cloud technology and services
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally