Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Digital Twin Solution Lead to join the Digital group in Mississauga.
Digital solutions have become a key component of the strategic direction and vision of today’s modern organizations. Hatch is at the forefront of successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients’ projects and operations that can unlock a step change in their performance.
Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey by working to define the best methods and making sure they are supported by the right technology and an enabled workforce. This journey will lead to improve project outcomes, being able to leverage the digital twin, systems integration and interoperability, support for decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
Industry 4.0 has become a fundamental part of our clients’ strategies, driving more efficiencies and effectiveness to their way of working and operating. As a result, clients have embarked on their journey of digital transformation, implementing various digital technologies such as cloud and edge computing, advanced robotics, digital twins, ML/AI, etc.
Our Digital team is looking for a Digital Twin Solution Lead that is looking to develop a successful career on Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solutions and Digital Twins with strong cloud development background. The Digital Twin Solution Lead proactively works with both external clients and internal business owners globally to understand business requirements, translate them into advanced digital solutions, communicate value proposition through prototype development, and lead the implementation of solution to meet client’s digital needs.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Engage senior level stakeholders from clients and business partners, gather business requirements and develop project proposals to translate them into digital system designs and/or solution recommendations
- Work together with client or business partners to identify current business pain points and help creating user stories to illustrate new value proposition brought by digital twins or other digital solutions.
- Design and implement digital twins or other digital solutions at various levels, from conceptual designs to proof of concept, and eventually towards productization by working together with the Digital Product team.
- Support Go-to-Market strategy and activities in concert with other parts of Digital organization.
- Prepare recommendations and documentation such as business case analysis, project proposals, user stories, functional specifications, etc. according to standards and need
- Assist the marketing team to advocate successful stories through white papers and/or blogs.
- Stay abreast of changes in technologies and tools as well as market and technology developments.
You bring to the role:
- 7-15 years of relevant experience in designing/developing software solutions for data analytics, and/or process simulation, control and optimization (Level 2 and above) in process industries (for example, mining and metals, oil & gas, utilities, etc).
- Prior work experience in an engineering consultant/solution architect position with demonstrated ability to gather business requirements and translate those into functional and non-functional design specs through a structured process (e.g., design thinking, persona workshop, etc).
- Hands-on experience in Microsoft Azure, SQL, analytic tools like Python and/or Matlab, data visualization tools like PowerBI and/or Grafana, and one or more programming or scripting languages such as C++, Java, Node.js, 3D.js, etc.
- Working knowledge of web services, RESTful API, Docker/AKS container, agile/DevOps environment, and CI/CD pipeline.
- A good understanding of Industry 4.0 technologies such as Digital Twins, Industrial IoT, Machine Learning/AI, as well as various enterprise management and control systems such as ERP, MES, PIMS, LIMS, CMMS, PLC/DCS, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience in the following areas is considered an asset:
- Digital twin and/or IoT solution development
- Unity and other 3D visualization
- OSISoft PI/AF
- OPC UA/DA/HDA
- A university degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- High motivation and commitment to innovation, quality and customer service
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with different levels of stakeholders and facilitate ideation and/or persona workshop
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills, ability to determine priorities, make decisions under pressure and meet deadlines
- Effective management skills including time and task management, development of project plans and status reports
- The ability to be a results-oriented, self-starter that is capable of working independently and within a team environment
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally