Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
The Geotechnical Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing engineering services to projects in the Infrastructure, Mining and Energy sectors. Participates in a wide range of projects covering advanced numerical modeling, analysis and design for both front end planning and the detailed engineering phase for multi-discipline projects and geotechnical site investigations.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Perform conceptual and detailed engineering design
- Undertake office and field based geotechnical engineering for projects
- Provide specialist geotechnical advice and analytical services
- Prepare engineering calculations where required
- Prepare technical specifications where required
- Prepare and contribute to technical memos and reports, within areas of expertise
- Provide input to engineering, operating and capital cost estimates
- Stamp documents and drawings as required and if appropriately registered
- Undertake construction supervision and management dependent upon project demands
- Support of site engineering team to provide technical solutions and timely response to technical queries
- Work to ensure the implementation of safety in design and integrity principles in design documentation
You bring to the role:
- A recognized degree in civil engineering from an accredited university
- Professional engineering registration
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant geotechnical design
- Previous experience in the following: soil mechanics, field investigations, design and rehabilitation of water control structures, civil instrumentation, and stability and seepage analyses of channel slopes, riverbanks, dams, dikes, and natural slopes
- Experience with working on projects in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Good safety awareness.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally