Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Project Engineer, Signals to manage the implementation of complex signaling solutions for major rail and transit projects. This person will join the Infrastructure group in our Rail Systems team in either the Markham or Mississauga locations.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
We get engaged early to assist with concepts and preliminary design, help the client with operational design, simulate product and railcar flows, optimize production on the available footprint, and find ways to save the client money but deliver beyond their expectations. We act like owners, genuinely offering the best solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable. We nurture the long-term relationships of our Clients and our Staff, living our commitments with integrity and being unconditionally honest. We are seeking other entrepreneurs with a technical soul to join our Team and work passionately to create positive change.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Develop work plans, estimates, resource plans, and deliverables’ schedule;
- Manage internal signal engineering resources and coordination with onsite inspectors during site assessment and CA phases;
- Coordinate work assignments and monitor design team deliverables;
- Review tender specifications and provide support during tendering period;
- Provide training and monitoring for client and regulatory-defined requirements/standards;
- Liaised with client to coordinate and review Signal Contractor submissions, schedule, phasing, work plans, design support during testing and installation;
- Report and communicate with client regarding project signalling issues and progress;
- Prepare and modify reports, specifications, plans, studies, and designs for projects;
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria;
- Gather and maintain specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.;
- Assist in proposals preparation and estimates in accordance with customer specifications.
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Control Systems, Electromechanical Engineering or related field, from an accredited university;
- 10+ years of signaling design experience within a consultancy environment;
- Registered Professional Engineer with PEO or eligible;
- Knowledge of signaling principles, circuits, components and the implications of working with other disciplines;
- Experience in design, construction and/or maintenance of rail & transit systems such signaling & train control is preferred.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally