Hatch is currently seeking two Intermediate Planner/Schedulers to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Mississauga. PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering, project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Compile the baseline schedule then track the schedule and make necessary changes to schedule as required.
- Provide contract administration including but not limited to tender documentation, request for proposal, addendums, bid opening, evaluation, awards, meetings, change management, financial reporting and closeout.
- Report Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) as required to the owner.
- Make schedule forecasts to foresee problem areas on the schedule and notify management when these situations arise especially when they affect the critical path.
- Break schedule down into shorter terms for easier management and tracking (example: 100 day look ahead).
- Communicate with senior management in accordance with the limits of authority.
- Track actual costs of the construction activities and compare them to the budgeted costs for each work section and report accordingly.
- Compare percentage completion to date and costs for each work section to predict potential cost over runs and/or under runs as applicable.
- Prepare estimates for evaluating the cost of scope changes to the contract.
You bring to the role:
- 7+ years of progressive experience in developing and maintaining detailed engineering, construction schedules, construction progress methodologies and earned value metrics.
- Proficient user of P6 V8.1 at least.
- Previous experience as Planner/Scheduler on EPCM projects.
- Advance knowledge of Primavera (P6 R18).
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally