Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Database Administrator to join the Digital group in Vancouver.
Digital solutions have become a key component of the strategic direction and vision of today’s modern organizations. Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey by working to define the best methods and making sure they are supported by the right technology and an enabled workforce. This journey will lead to improve project outcomes, being able to leverage the digital twin, systems integration and interoperability, support for decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Manage a global environment of SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, Oracle and other databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security;
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Manage and ensure compliance with database backup strategies
- Troubleshoot problems as they occur, including weekends, on-call rotation as required
- Complete administration of SQL Server Replication (transactional, peer-to-peer)
- Complete administration of SQL Server Clustering, including Always On; additional knowledge of other HA/DR options as asset
- Manage and maintain service pack updates, cumulative updates and security patches
- Complete general database administration of Oracle 12c/21c Database, including datapump, RMAN backup and recovery
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8-10+ years of experience of MS SQL Server 2008-2019 production support in a mission critical environment, Microsoft Azure SQL DBs and Oracle OCI environment
- Experience in analysis and tuning of T-SQL queries to improve performance, providing baselines and reporting to higher teams on results
- Experience with backup, restore and recovery models
- Familiarity with server troubleshooting in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Experience in Oracle 12c/21c, including RMAN backup and restore and oracle datapump
- The ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- MySQL, MongoDB and PostgreSQL knowledge is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work occasional after-hours or weekends as required
Working knowledge in the following areas is considered an asset:
- PowerShell Automation
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps, Data factory, System Center Operations Manager, Azure Synapse
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure SecOps, IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally