Digitization to transformation; Decarbonization and renewables integration; from transportation solutions to smart cities; clean mining and processing; we understand the world’s challenges are changing rapidly. We solve real-world problems in smarter, more efficient and original ways.
The majority of our global clients are embarking on a digital transformation journey. Fundamental elements of this transformation relate to the applications of new digital technologies and the associated digital ‘ways of working’. The challenge these companies face is how to get started on this journey - how to make it practical and relevant for their operations without sacrificing safety, how to prove the value of the technologies, how to identify the right technologies, how to select the right suppliers and how to ensure that each party delivers accordingly.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Digital Consultant to join the Digital group in Mississauga. We are seeking a respected and energetic leader known for developing business opportunities, delivering exceptional client outcomes and engaging diverse teams at all levels in complex, global environments.
Digital solutions have become a key component of the strategic direction and vision of today’s modern organizations. Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey by working to define the best methods and making sure they are supported by the right technology and an enabled workforce. This journey will work to improve project outcomes, being able to leverage the digital twin, systems integration and interoperability, support for decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
We are looking for people who bring:
- Proven Leadership
- Passion about innovation, market insight and technology
- Exceptional communication skills, collaborates well with partners and peers; shares knowledge and experience
- Are great collaborators, who think laterally and innovatively to solve problems
- Drive and focus on achievement
- Create positive change
The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial thought leader with demonstrated experience in engaging clients in heavy industry over technology, digitalization and innovation. This will involve:
- Having a value-centric client engagement focus, with the ability to secure digital business for Hatch
- Driving new ideas and business through relationship building across the Hatch eco-system of industry experts, technology partners and clients
- Engaging with key client stakeholders to understand specific business or operational needs and identify the solution requirements that will have direct impact on our clients’ businesses
- Synchronizing business needs with solutions that consider the full spectrum of the solution including people, process and technology
- Developing the business case to move client digital projects forward into full scale implementation
- Driving business and solution functional requirements definitions through client engagement and workshopping
- Guiding first-in-class technology implementations and delivery of client projects.
As an experienced consultant you will work in collaboration with our clients and other Hatch business units to drive our Digital growth strategy and provide consultancy services to our clients.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Lead the team’s business development by identifying leads, transitioning these into opportunities, formulating / architecting proposals and crafting work and project approaches
- Analyze client business opportunities and identify appropriate digitally enabled solutions / roadmaps / strategies / recommendations to meet their needs
- Engage with key client stakeholders to understand the business needs driving innovation and digitization
- Determine the relative value of digitally enabled opportunities and develop business cases, priority rankings, roadmaps etc. as appropriate
- Document as-is and to-be maturity states for client visions, and assist mapping the deficiencies, gaps, risks and mitigations with the introduction of the potential digital technologies;
- Formulate approaches and execution plans that balance technology investment with risk and benefit thereby providing value to the client through targeted improvement in processes and operations
- Identify high value client use cases for digitalization and develop supporting business cases
- Work closely with other Hatch Business Unit partners and their clients to support the development of opportunities
- Provide digital consulting services to our clients, as part of digital led or business unit led engagements
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the Digital Practice representing it at conferences, speaking engagements, and other external industry related events
Specific measures of performance will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate but will include:
- Responsibility for the achievement of targets related to the growth of the Hatch Digital business
- Responsibility for the achievement of targets related to utilization
You bring to the role:
- Demonstrated experience in/understanding of engineering design, project procurement and construction delivery
- Familiarity with most aspects of system definition, development and deployment
- Experience in engaging and motivating a broad range of client and project stakeholders from executive-level to manager to technical specialist
- Proven technical consulting experience including demonstrated client engagement skills that enabled problem synthesis and solution development through targeted interactions
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related Engineering discipline or Bachelor’s degree with Honours in Computer Science or Information Technology. Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a relevant technology or industry discipline
- Working knowledge of IT/ OT and digital technology trends including ICT and Telecommunications, Control and Automation, IIoT, Blockchain, Big Data, Cloud Computing, AR/ VR, Automation, Operations Management and Business Systems
- Proven experience in successfully applying digital technologies / solutions to a very traditional working environment
- Experience in working with distributed teams of professionals and in managing teams of professionals
- Willingness and capability to get involved in business development opportunities.
- Experience with digital transformations to improve capital project delivery within the mining & metals, oil & gas, and/or chemical/pharmaceutical industries
- Willingness to travel to clients as required
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally