Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Hydrogeologist to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group, supporting the Hydrotechnical in Mississauga. The Hydrogeologist will be providing groundwater services across all sectors that Hatch works in, including mining, energy and infrastructure according to business needs.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Development of groundwater models, preparation of risk assessments, hydrogeological input to studies (scoping to Feasibility) and ESIAs
- Perform field work on hydrogeological and geotechnical programs including monitoring, supervision of borehole drilling and monitoring well installation
- Factual and interpretive reporting of field data and site conditions
- Meeting with clients (both new and existing)
- Managing and participating in the development of budgets and plans for projects and proposals
- Support business development opportunities
- Provide support in the production of technical reports
- Assist with writing and preparing proposals
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering from an accredited university
- Registered as a Professional Engineer or Geoscientist
- 10+ years’ experience in relevant geotechnical design
- Experience with working on projects in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Good safety awareness.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally