Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Process Engineer to join the Metals team in Vancouver.
Hatch has been serving the world’s mining and metals industry with studies, design, engineering, development of innovative technologies, and project and construction management through to commissioning and operations for both greenfield and brownfield facilities.
As the mining industry faces new challenges, our focus is on innovation. Join us in helping our clients create measurable improvements to their operations throughout the entire mining lifecycle value chain.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Have a Mineral Processing, Metallurgical, Mining, or Chemical Processing Engineering Degree. (Transcripts will be requested);
- 3-6 years of professional experience with a focus on metallurgical and mineral processing or chemical engineering;
- Experience with copper, lead, zinc, moly, and gold metallurgy are considered an asset;
- Experience with flotation design is considered an asset;
- Experience with comminution design is considered an asset;
- Site and project experience is highly desired;
- Experience in using METSIM, IDEAS, SysCAD, JKSimMet and other process simulation software is considered an asset;
- Proficiency in multiple languages is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated leadership of a project or sub project;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to quality;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to travel and cross international borders is required
You bring to the role:
- Interpretation of laboratory and pilot results and assisting clients in the development of test work programs;
- Interpretation of laboratory results and other data in process design criteria;
- Development of flow sheets;
- Developing mass, energy and water models and balances;
- Equipment sizing and communication with vendors to ensure that equipment selected meets process needs;
- Site visits as required to support design work;
- Working with a project team, including development of layouts, piping selection, and development of P&IDs and process control philosophies;
- Assisting in materials of construction selection, preparing specifications and executing technical bid evaluations;
- Presentation of reports, studies and investigations both internally and to clients;
- Report writing for studies and deliverables;
- Proposal writing and cost estimate development;
- Participation in plant start-ups and commissioning;
- Leading of client engagement
- Participation in hazard and risk studies.
There is potential for work at client sites and project responsibilities will be added as needed. In some cases, the opportunity may be available to relocate to other Canadian or international destinations for extended periods of time.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally