Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Project Manager - Water & Wastewater to join the Infrastructure group in our Water/Wastewater team in our Mississauga or Markham location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are the key parts of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes water and wastewater, aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit and tunnels. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
In this role, you will work on a variety of challenging linear infrastructure projects (Water/Wastewater) including feasibility studies, asset management, preliminary and detail design, and construction administration of watermains, storm/sanitary sewers, water distribution and wastewater collection systems, water Intakes and wastewater outfalls and pumping facilities.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Primarily responsible for the project management and delivery of preliminary and detailed design for municipal infrastructure projects related to large diameter watermains, trunk sanitary sewers, overflow and stormwater storage and conveyance system and other related works;
- Managing multiple tasks in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Manage, plan, organize and work with technical groups for the successful delivery of the project;
- Provide support to business development and strategic initiatives, including preparation of proposals;
- Knowledge working in MicroStation, Civil 3D, and MS Project;
- Input to the career development of other staff including junior and intermediate engineers and technical support staff providing technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring;
- Meet client quality, schedule, and budget expectations;
- Actively participate in, and support internal and external development and training activities;
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior staff.
- Developing and maintaining positive & sustainable client relationships.
You bring to the role:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Civil Engineering from accredited university;
- Minimum of 15+ years of broad and extensive technical, administrative and project experience within consulting companies
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer in Ontario and/or other provinces;
- Strong linear Infrastructure technical background in water & wastewater, including extensive knowledge of all project phases (including conceptual design, pre-design, detailed design, and construction administration);
- Knowledge of environmental assessment process is a strong asset;
- Strong command of English language with excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills, business development and client liaison;
- Excellent, innovative, and practical customer service and a commitment to technical excellence;
- Ability to solve problems, complete assigned tasks efficiently, and meet project deadlines.
This position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your technical and management skills in a highly innovative and collaborative environment.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally