Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Engineer – Rail/Civil to join the Infrastructure group in our Rail team in the Calgary, Alberta location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build rail networks of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of rail infrastructure includes track, earthworks, bridges and structures, planning and advisory services, terminals and ports, tunnels, traction power, and rail systems and communications. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our future transportation network? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for various technical leadership and project management support duties on heavy rail projects. These projects could include feasibility analyses; conceptual, preliminary and detailed design; cost estimating; construction and contract administration support; and inspections of rail projects in western Canada and potentially throughout North America.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Planning, organizing and working with technical groups in the delivery of project deliverable requirements
- Completing civil engineering analyses and review including: evaluating vertical and horizontal grade and track alignments; quantity and construction cost estimates; engineering design reports; technical specifications; material and equipment selection; cost estimates; construction contract documentation; compilation of design/construction drawings; etc.
- Interfacing and communicating with the Client on project specific tasks
- Providing support to business development and strategic initiatives, including preparation of proposals
- Participating with senior leaders in the establishment of short- and long-term plans for the development and growth of the group in the region
- Providing support to other Hatch regions in the development and delivery of project requirements
- Through your project efforts and involvement in industry activities, developing and maintaining client relations
- Actively participating in and supporting internal and external development and training activities
- As appropriate, supporting the development of more junior staff within the region
- Support to business initiatives and projects within the western Canada region
You bring to the role:
- Engineering degree from an accredited University;
- 7 years+ of rail industry experience;
- Project Management and/or Project Engineering experience, including client-consultant interaction;
- Registered as a P.Eng. in Alberta and/or other Canadian provinces;
- Knowledge of North American rail design standards and best practices;
- Able to work in a team environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously, mentoring or supervising Engineers-in-Training and junior designers;
- Able to write clear, concise technical reports and proposals;
- Able to check and review the work of other staff and consultants.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally