Hatch is seeking a Geotechnical EIT with interest in Dynamic Earth Solutions. Reporting to Geotechnical Discipline Lead, you will support offices globally working from our Calgary office.
What Will a Career at Hatch Offer?
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
- Work on problems and gain experience in the office on project sites
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning daily
- Gain relevant experience and support in obtaining your professional designation
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs, Sustainability Week, Toastmasters, and more to develop your skills
- Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We are entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities.
- 2D and 3D computational modeling including Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- 2D drafting
- Assisting engineers with Civil and Geotechnical engineering design and calculations
- Support field assignments include the geotechnical site investigations and construction supports
- Support laboratory testing of the soil and rock samples
- Data collection and input, and other tasks as assigned, to assist the engineering team in the delivery of Drawings and Reports for various Clients
- An individual design project will be assigned, to be worked on when billable work is not available
- Will be required to function with supervision, work with Geotechnical Engineers and Drafting Lead, as well as with other Disciplines
- Regard for job safety, quality work, and social responsibility
Education and Experience:
- Must be working towards graduating in 2022, or recently graduated, with a Geotechnical Engineering, Geological Engineering or Civil Engineering degree.
- Excel academically while being actively involved in extra-curricular and/or volunteer activities at school or in the community
- Preferred academic courses (i.e. Soil Mechanics, Geotechnical Engineering, Solid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Structural Analysis, Concrete and/or Steel Design, Structural Dynamics, Numerical Methods)
- Academic or work experience with Geotechnical Engineering softwares.
- Willingness and ability to travel to project sites including remote sites
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Interested in the field of Geotechnical/Geological Engineering
- Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Adapts and embraces change
To be considered, you must submit: cover letter, resume and unofficial or official transcript.
For more information please visit www.hatch.com/students