Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior RAMS Engineer to join the Infrastructure group in our Rail Systems team in the Vancouver, B.C. location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Review and develop system assurance analyses and documentation throughout the project lifecycle:
- Safety and Risk Analyses – Review and develop analyses including PHA, IHA, SHA, SSHA and knowledge of safety analysis techniques including fault tree analyses, FMECAs, etc.
- Reliability Analyses – Review and develop analyses including RAM Allocation, RAM Analysis and FRACAS and knowledge of reliability analysis techniques, including reliability modelling and reliability block diagrams.
- Perform Hazard Management, including:
- Develop processes/procedures to set up and maintain Hazard Log Management tool
- Leading and participating in HAZOP and HAZID studies;
- Develop project schedules or provide Project Managers with guidance as to the inputs required for RAMS tasks and expected durations for RAMS tasks.
- Perform Systems Assurance Planning in Reliability and/or Safety Studies, including development of Safety Certification Plans, Safety Management Plans, Safety Case Plans and RAM Plans
- Review verification/validation evidence for incorporation into Project Safety Cases
- Conduct Assurance Audits and Assessments for Safety, RAM of 3rd party vendors and suppliers
- Provide mentorship and leadership to systems assurance engineers to execute Systems Assurance Programs for Clients
- Prepare technical documents/reports for presentation to clients, stakeholders, project teams, etc.
- Develop and present material/participate in client/stakeholder workshops
- Development of System Safety Cases and Assurance Cases
- Interface with design teams, management, rail/transit operators and suppliers
- Continuous, effective communication and relationship building with Clients in the development and implementation of projects
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline (e.g., electrical, mechanical)
- 10 to 15 years of experience working for a railway authority, rail supplier or consultancy
- P.Eng. designation or eligible to apply
- Demonstrated success in a team environment and in leading a systems assurance team in transit/rail infrastructure projects
- Experience of the design lifecycle as well as experience with transit/rail assurance standards such as AREMA, IEEE, MIL-STD-882, EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129 is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience executing assurance process to obtain safety certification for railway projects
- Knowledge of rail systems, including but not limited to signaling, tunnel ventilation, traction power, overhead catenary, track, structures, communications, EMI/EMC and rail vehicles
- Knowledge of hazard analysis management in a large rail/transit project environment
- Knowledge of DOORS or other requirement management tools and their application in a rail/transit infrastructure project environment
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering process, including INCOSE and/or IEC 15288
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel, including external clients, vendors and other team members