Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Highway Engineer to join our Infrastructure team in the Vancouver office, which is part of our Highways & Bridges Business Line. In the role of a Highway Engineer, you will be supporting the Infrastructure team by leading and delivering transportation/road projects owned by key regional/municipal clients within British Columbia, as well as by collaborating with Hatch’s global teams on transportation initiatives throughout the world.
As transportation infrastructure and revitalizing assets remain a key part of growth and stimulus for today’s challenging economy, Hatch’s Highways & Bridges team continues to embark on strengthening its team to be at the ready to support our client’s vision to build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the Hatch infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Lead and manage delivery teams on transportation projects of various disciplinary complexities, size and scope (including new road, widening, rehabilitation)
- Conduct and oversee the preliminary and detailed design drawings for a variety of transportation infrastructure projects (multi-disciplinary Regional and Municipal road project portfolio, also involving utilities, drainage, earthworks, roads, rail, transit facilities, etc.), and composite utility plans including plan, profile, cutting cross-sections, design details
- Quality management/quality assurance including work plan development and execution, guidance, mentoring and oversight of performance of project delivery support team associated with road design
- Client/stakeholder management and business development
- Develop technical reports, technical specifications and design calculations, and preparation of material quantity estimates
- Commercial/project budgetary management
- Participate in project scoping, proposal, work plan development, costing
You bring to the role:
- Civil Engineering Degree with an accredited University
- Certification as a P.Eng. with the EGBC or eligible to register
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Road/Transportation design
- Experience of road/highway design including multi-lane roadways, urban right-of-ways (arterial, collector), traffic staging and sequencing. Roundabout and Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) design experience would be an asset
- Comprehensive understanding and familiarity of road design codes and standards, including TAC, Regional and Municipal road standards. Experience with private utility owner codes and standards applicable to utility design would be an asset
- Strong computer skills. Working knowledge experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D, InRoads, and OpenRoads. Road safety analysis (RSAP) would be considered as an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and staff in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills