The Corporate Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing marketing, advertising and promotional strategies while managing communications between the organization and our clients, the media, and the public. The role will work closely with key business leaders to understand their specific marketing challenges, provide advice, develop marketing plans, and execute them. The role is a "manager/doer" role where the individual will be involved in converting agreed to plans into action with the assistance of our marketing support team.
The Corporate Marketing Manager will report to the Global Director, Marketing & Communications, and collaborate closely with other senior members of the marketing and communications team. The marketing and communications team consists of several marketing managers responsible for various business sector portfolios.
The Corporate Marketing Manager will:
• Work closely with key business leaders, including our senior leadership team, to identify, develop, and execute marketing and client communications strategies to support their specific goals,
• Develop and execute annual marketing plans for the sector/practice, aligning marketing goals and campaigns to business goals,
• Develop project charters for corporate marketing and client communication campaigns to ensure the appropriate business sponsorship, compliance with other communications programs, required approvals, clarity in deliverables and timing, and the allocation of resources,
• Manage marketing and client communication programs from planning through to implementation including providing hands-on support while managing resources, timelines and deliverables from other team members,
• Develop marketing materials including brochures, advertisements, newsletters, project stories, white papers, articles, and other publications for both print and/or digital (i.e., web and social media),
• Develop external communications materials including press releases, speeches, briefings, and social media,
• Measure, analyze, and report on the performance of our marketing and client communications initiatives and make improvement recommendations based on insights, best practices and experience,
• Seek out opportunities to apply new and innovative approaches to reaching our clients and communicating our key messages to them,
• Identify and develop marketing best practices that support efficient internal delivery processes and reflect industry trends,
• Collaborate with a small team of dedicated marketing resources and involve others in marketing support roles (design, digital, production, etc.),
• Support the mentorship of our team of young marketing professionals, engaging them on various campaigns and projects,
• Analyze market trends, competitors, and clients and recommend changes to marketing strategies based on analysis and feedback,
• Identify, prioritize, and support the development of crisis communication plans with the Global Director, Public Relations, and communicate these to our leadership team.
Requirements of the Role:
• A degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, or communications
• A minimum of 7-10 years' experience in a corporate role with global experience engaging with different cultures and organizations.
• Solid understanding of marketing, media relations, public relations, and client communications strategies and execution.
• Experience developing strategic marketing plans and targeted marketing campaigns, integrating various communication channels.
• Planning, writing, editing, and project management skills.
• Proficiency in the development of various marketing materials and client communications (print and digital) with hands-on capability.
• Ability to mentor and collaborate with marketing specialists and marketing support personnel to deliver integrated and holistic campaigns and projects.
• Understanding of industry best practices and trends to support ongoing development of the corporate marketing team and practice.
• Role requires an individual with business acumen, confidence, excellent judgment, and interpersonal skills that can consult, influence, and collaborate with colleagues across different leadership levels, geographies, and business groups.
• Superior people and relationship skills are critical to this role, as well as the ability to work independently and possess strong judgment on when to escalate issues to senior management.