The Controls, Automation and Electrical (CA&E) team is looking for an OT (operational technology) Integration Specialist that can support our current projects to seamlessly be integrated to operation management systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a diverse and dynamic team that takes pride in delivering quality projects.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Effectively leads the integration process between the control, operation and enterprise domains and with internal IT Infrastructure partners in the administration, implementation of core infrastructure services used with OT systems.
- Responsible for undertaking the following OT/IT Integration activities:
- Identify interface requirements between enterprise, operation and control systems.
- Understand hierarchy and levels of manufacturing and control system and other and operations systems (level 2 and level 3 of operational hierarchy model).
- Understand the industrial communication protocols (OPC UA, EtherNet/IP, MQTT) and their applications in IT/OT solutions
- Detail requirements for an enterprise/control integration solution
- Identify the business processes that need information from manufacturing systems
- Work with clients to identify process control information required for operations and busines systems. Responsible for the implementation, configuration and testing of communication protocols between the DCS and various manufacturing/operations systems.
- Apply the ISA95 object models
- Responsible to ensure deliverables are technically correct and meet industry and project standards.
- Interface with other discipline engineers to ensure technical and physical interfaces are addressed.
- Responsible for engineering work packages to ensure that project budgets and schedules are being met.
You bring to the role:
- A recognized degree from an accredited university or a technologist certification with suitable experience.
- Registration as a professional engineer
- Minimum ten years of project engineering experience, specific to:
- Architecture, configuration and deployment of scalable IT/OT solutions
- Integration of PLC/DCS platforms with operations systems such as OSIsoft PI.
- Deployment of High-performance HMIs and working knowledge of various HMI standards including ISA101, ASM, etc.
- Implementation of effective alarm systems and working knowledge of various alarm management standards and guidelines including ISA 18.2, EEMUA 191, etc.
- experience with the design of integrated control centres or remote operation centres
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards
- Ability to delegate tasks and effectively supervise others
- Knowledge of 3D data centric design systems.
- Experience designing and reviewing industrial communication networks using fibre optics/ copper/wireless.
- Experience with commissioning and on-site solution deployment.
Nice to Have Qualifications
- DCS/PLC Programming experience is an asset.
- Safety Engineer Certifications (TUV/ISA) is an asset.
- Communications certifications (CISCO or equivalent) is an asset.