Hatch Ltd., a global leader in mineral processing plant designs from concept through to execution and operations in a wide range of commodities has a challenging opportunity for a Senior Comminution expert
- Managing interactions with Mining, Geology, Engineering, Processing operations on process performance and improvement projects.
- Experience in crusher and mill wear linings design improvements with suppliers for life and metallurgical performance
- Coordinate mill liner performance evaluations with engineering and suppliers for change out predictions through inspections, wear measurements and mill scans
- Reviewing of comminution metallurgical test-work, circuit survey procedures and develop new procedures as required to support owner and internal process development initiatives
- Identify potential improvement test work through the personal inspection of plant condition and performance
- Experience in identifying, planning and executing metallurgical comminution test work (R&D) to optimize performance and manage external service providers conducting test work
- Experience with highly automated large diameter SAG/Ball Mill circuits
- Experience in modern high throughput comminution circuits for porphyry, massive sulphide and other mineral processing plants.
- Knowledge of complex metallurgical information, process improvement and control strategies for comminution circuits.
- Experience merging of metallurgical energy modelling data and processes alongside JKTech systems, into new systems for innovation of comminution processes
- Overall analysis of crushing/grinding circuits with the generation of novel concepts for further innovation of input to models
- Demonstrated ability and experience in performing mill audits of mine sites, to integrate plant data into expansion and optimization work.
- Ability to use mathematical models to describe and integrate lab test work, plant data
- Experience with mine to mill optimizations will be an asset.
- Ph.D. or suitable experience in Comminution related field of work.
- Experience in domain mapping and understanding of the impacts on equipment performance.
- Experience in Metallurgy software –METSIM, JKTech, Bruno and other applicable programs.
- 10+ years experience working on site for a producing mine and/or in a consulting environment.
- Knowledge and experience with SAG, AG, and HPGR circuit designs.
- Knowledge and experience with Gyratory, jaw, breaker and other crusher circuits.
- Knowledge and experience with HIG, Stirred Mills, ISA and other fine grinding equipment