Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a Control System Programmer with experience in metals, mining and/or infrastructure projects. The successful candidate should have experience executing projects ranging from writing PLC programs, to designing and programming the layout for complex HMIs across a range of platforms.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Act as the lead PLC/DCS/HMI programmer for projects including managing team, progress, cost, schedule etc.
- Review and understand control system design, process requirements, to develop software functional specification.
- System integration, software test planning, testing and commissioning.
- Develop end-user operations and maintenance support documentation and procedures
- Interface with clients, develop commercial proposals and support business development
You bring to the role:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or Computer Science (Essential/Minimum)
- 8 Years relevant experience. (Essential/Minimum)
- Control System design and delivery, preferably in a diverse set of roles (e.g. engineer, designer, software programmer, commissioning engineer)
- Modern industrial control and protection systems (PLC/DCS/SCADA), and Data Historians. Experience with a variety of platforms (Allen Bradley, ABB, Schneider, Delta V, etc.) is preferred.
- Software programming in ladder logic, function block diagram, structured text and sequential function charts
- Familiar with formal software engineering standards and approaches
- Experience with digital communications and ﬁeldbus technologies, networking and hardware
- Plant and facility commissioning
- Must be well versed in current statutory regulations, industry standards and recommended practices and a practical sense in applying such references; DCS and PLC control system hardware and architecture
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally