Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior CAD Designer to join the Infrastructure group in our Highways & Bridges team in the Thunder Bay, ON location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
In this role, you will be required to provide engineering deliverables and technical support.
The Senior CAD Designer participates in a wide range of projects that may cover earthworks, road and rail design and associated bridges, airstrips, villages, marine terminals, utilities including pump stations, dams, drainage and permanent way layouts.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Be part of an engineering team providing engineering services to large and small projects;
- Assist the Lead Civil Designer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, quantities, cost and schedule;
- Responsible for the production of civil models and drawings in accordance with project requirements under the supervision of the Lead Civil Designer;
- Produce and maintain technical and engineering drawings using 2D and 3D CAD software as required;
- Perform conceptual layout work;
- Develop design details and apply specialized and/or advanced engineering principles at conceptual and detailed level;
- Check drawings prior to release;
- Ensure coordination with designers and engineers within the civil discipline and with other disciplines;
- Perform clash detection of models with other discipline models;
- Participation in formal engineering review processes;
- Civil modeling and drafting for both front end planning studies and the detailed engineering phase for multi-disciplinary projects;
- Incorporate safety in design.
You bring to the role:
- Civil Engineering diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years civil design experience;
- Experience within a large-project, multi-disciplinary EPCM environment;
- Experience with municipal engineering projects;
- Proficient in the use of 2D and 3D civil design software packages;
- Knowledge of industry or regulatory standards, regulations and codes pertinent to the design and systems related to the project;
- Understanding of other discipline requirements;
- Problem solving attitude;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good safety awareness;
- Ability to delegate tasks and effectively supervise others;
- Ability to work in a team-environment.