We're looking for a candidate with a strong B2B marketing background, solid experience with marketing professional services, and a track record of leading a team of marketing professionals.
The Marketing Director will:
• Report to the Global Director, Marketing & Communications
• Manage a team of marketing professionals
• Work closely with key business leaders to identify, develop, and execute marketing and client communications strategies,
• Develop and execute annual marketing plans for a sector/practice, aligning marketing goals and campaigns to corporate business goals,
• Develop project charters for corporate marketing and client communication campaigns,
• Manage marketing and client communication programs from planning through to implementation,
• Develop marketing materials for both print and/or digital,
• Develop external communications materials including press releases, speeches, briefings, and social media,
• Measure, analyze, and report on the performance of our marketing and client communications,
• Seek out opportunities to apply new and innovative approaches to reaching our clients and communicating our key messages to them,
• Identify and develop marketing best practices that support efficient internal delivery processes and reflect industry trends,
• Collaborate with a small team of dedicated marketing resources and involve others in marketing support roles (design, digital, production, etc.),
• Support the mentorship of our team of young marketing professionals, engaging them on various campaigns and projects,
• Analyze market trends, competitors, and clients and recommend changes to marketing strategies based on analysis and feedback,
• Identify, prioritize, and support the development of crisis communication plans with the Global Director, Public Relations, and communicate these to our leadership team.
Requirements of the Role:
• A degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, or communications
• A minimum of 12-15 years' experience in a corporate role with global experience engaging with different cultures and organizations.
• Solid understanding of marketing, media relations, public relations, and client communications strategies and execution.
• Experience developing strategic marketing plans and targeted marketing campaigns, integrating various communication channels.
• Planning, writing, editing, and project management skills.
• Proficiency in the development of various marketing materials and client communications (print and digital) with hands-on capability.
• Ability to mentor and collaborate with marketing specialists and marketing support personnel to deliver integrated and holistic campaigns and projects.
• Understanding of industry best practices and trends to support ongoing development of the corporate marketing team and practice.
• Role requires an individual with business acumen, confidence, excellent judgment, and interpersonal skills that can consult, influence, and collaborate with colleagues across different leadership levels, geographies, and business groups.
• Superior people and relationship skills are critical to this role, as well as the ability to work independently and possess strong judgment on when to escalate issues to senior management.
• Mississauga, Ontario