Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Industrial Water Process Engineer to join the Infrastructure group in our Water team in the Mississauga location.
Hatch’s Industrial Water Practice specializes in water and wastewater for all our industrial clients through our understanding of water resources, infrastructure, management, treatment, and environmental permitting within the Energy, Metals and Mining sectors.
This position will involve being part of a team of global experts and specialists passionate about water and helping our clients understand best management and treatment practices in some of the most challenging and complex projects across Canada and around the world.
The candidate will be responsible for providing support in various water and wastewater project functions including conceptual to detailed studies, process engineering, water/wastewater treatment modelling and calculations, technology application reviews, preliminary process design, detailed design tasks including technical reports and specifications.
Hatch is exceptionally qualified for the tough industrial water challenges facing the world. As an employee-owned firm we have a rich history and problem-solving technical culture developed through our nearly 100-year history. We deliver unprecedented business results for our clients through a commitment to quality, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Utilizing your current area(s) of expertise and/or ability to research and learn about all water related topics to provide technical support for some of the most challenging and unique water and wastewater related projects within emerging industries in the Energy and Metals and Mining sectors.
- Participating and/or leading water related areas in large Hatch projects or focused water studies, from conceptual design through to detailed engineering
- Preparing project reports, technical memos, water management plans, site-wide and local area water/chemistry balance models and analysis, design basis, equipment sizing, test work plans, engineering assessments, water quality data analysis and design calculations
- Preparing or providing input/coordination into PFDs, P&IDs, performance specifications, and cost estimates and provide coordination of multidiscipline drawings such as general arrangement/layout drawings and water management infrastructure
- Providing independent and quality reviews of technical documents/drawings for other projects within your technical subject matter expertise
- Providing leadership and mentorship to more junior staff and peers as needed through the project delivery process
- Working closely with our senior staff, clients, vendors, consultants, and regulators as needed to develop and maintain relationships
- Participate in the development of projects including the preparation of proposals and presentations to our clients
- Travelling where our clients and projects are which provides opportunity for site visits globally to support studies, test work, project execution, proposal preparation and project/business development.
- May also provide support project management. A strong understanding of project budgets, schedules, and change order management is considered an asset.
- Provide business development support including technical proposal writing and developing positive relationships with clients and permitting agencies.
You bring to the role:
As the successful candidate, you will bring all your experience, skills, self-motivation, and passion to work in a truly collaborative team environment to provide our clients unparalleled service while participating in a nurturing, innovative and positive culture focused on safety, our people, and our clients. Your excellent and always evolving communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills along with your understanding of multi-disciplinary projects will help us nurture and develop and mentor our current and future team of water practitioners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Chemical, Civil or Environmental Engineering or similar from an accredited institution
- Post graduate education (M.Sc., M.Eng. or equivalent) is considered an asset.
- Professional Registration (i.e., P.Eng.) or the ability to obtain it
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering and/or consulting experience preferably in mine water management/treatment, water infrastructure design and water management planning
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data to problem solve with minimal guidance
- Water balance and/or treatment modeling. Experience with the GoldSim and the Contaminant Transport module is an asset
- Be a motivated self-starter to manage and work within multi-discipline project teams
- Experience with site-wide water balances in addition to treatment is considered an asset
- Ability to travel within Canada and Internationally on short term assignments as required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite is required.