Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Civil Engineer to join the Infrastructure group in our Highways & Bridges team in the Thunder Bay, ON location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Road design experience along with knowledge of underground infrastructure including watermains, sanitary and storm sewer.
- Ensure that project design solutions are delivered to the highest standards and meet programme and budgetary constraints;
- Plan resourcing of projects and monitoring against budgets;
- Prepare and monitor work programmes to deliver projects to deadlines;
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent client relationships;
- Provide sound technical leadership;
- Develop BIM/Civil3D and other modelling software capability within the team;
- Active involvement in client management and business development;
- Mentor and develop junior staff fostering a team approach.
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from accredited university;
- Registered Professional Engineer or eligible to register;
- 3-5 years of utilities experience including design of municipal infrastructure in a consultant environment;
- Experience managing municipal projects such as installation of watermains, sanitary and sewer infrastructure, roadwork or related;
- Experience in infrastructure planning, including identifying water and sewer infrastructure needs;
- Solid understanding of engineering skills such as geometric design, grading, permitting, coordination with utility companies and the production of utility schemes of accommodation, and roadway drainage design;
- Proficiency in CAD (MicroStation and/or Inroads and AutoCAD Civil 3D) and Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook);
- Familiarity with using 3D CAD application and/or GIS for spatial analysis and hydraulic modeling is preferred;
- Experience in the production of plans, specifications, and Engineer's estimates for roadway projects;
- Understanding of engineering principles related to capacity and loading of municipal infrastructure and/or understanding of design principles related to the civil/cabling design of underground telecommunication/electrical infrastructure;
- Established working relationship with various clients such as municipalities and/or utility owners;
- Extensive experience interfacing with local utilities and agencies;
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure network, utility coordination & processes;
- Technically strong working within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experienced in project management, report and proposal writing;
- Track record of delivering infrastructure projects to quality, budget and timescales;
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (written and verbal); ambitious and self-motivated.