The Structural Designer participates in a wide range of transit projects and is responsible for development and production of concrete and structural steel 3D models, 2D drawings and material take-off deliverables using REVIT 3D in line with project BIM requirements. The Structural Designer shall also assist in the resolution of all technical design / layout issues. Additionally, the Structural Designer shall also co-ordinate with other disciplines (Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil etc) through interactions, model coordination / clash detection, design reviews and strives to meet project safety, quality, schedule objectives.
- Adhere to and promote the Hatch corporate safety culture.
- Coordinate work with the lead Structural engineer/ lead designer, including taking responsibility for timely completion of deliverables.
- Review, check and be responsible for quality of design work performed by self and also of others in the design team, if required.
- Prioritize project or program discipline actions for the purpose of achieving deliverable quality and adherence to schedule.
- Prepare design concepts for internal and client reviews in collaboration with discipline lead.
- Produce detailed engineering design models, drawings and documentation for the project.
- Produce Revit 3D model for reinforced concrete and structural steel as per project BIM requirements
- Perform 3D model clash detection and coordinate Structural design with other disciplines through Interactions and Design Reviews.
- Check drawings and models prior to release.
- Apply attribute metadata to the model per design specifications and contractor requirements as required by the project.
- Contribute to the development of different multidisciplinary design solutions. Provide guidance on Hatch quality standards.
- Responsible for design work related to quantity estimation effort on project or program including direct quantity (MTO) take-off from a 3D model, 2D drawings, sketches and historical data.
- Resolve design issues throughout project lifecycle as required.
- Apply industry best practices, applicable codes, standards including for the detailing of steel and concrete structures
- Manage the schedule on project or program including multidiscipline interactions, if required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Robust knowledge and experience with concrete and steel structures including good knowledge of engineering drawing details.
- Experience of concrete reinforcement detailing and structural steel details.
- Advanced Diploma in Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- More than 7 years of design experience including good experience in a Revit / BIM environment.
- Robust experience in the use of Autodesk Revit.
- Experience in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Experience with large projects and working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the Design Team and with other project stakeholders.
- Understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Commitment to quality designs and attention to detail.
- Openness to technological changes with an innovative and dynamic outlook.
- Good safety awareness.
- Experience in Transit projects.
- Experience delivering for-construction models in a design-build environment.
- Experience in Bentley ProjectWise version 10.00.03.271.
- Experience in Autodesk BIM 360.
- Experience in Bluebeam Revu version 2019.1.16.
- Experience in Autodesk Navisworks version 2020.
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects.
- Good leadership skills.
- Strong client focus.
- Ability to delegate tasks and promote the effective performance of team members.
- Strong verbal English communication.