Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Advanced Process Control (APC) Lead to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Canada to lead our continued growth in APC as a differentiated service, for both nationally and internationally located projects.
The Control, Automation & Electrical Group is a Hatch global practice providing engineering design expertise to Hatch's metals and minerals, infrastructure and energy business units. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction, commissioning, sustaining capital works and project management.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our client's toughest challenges!
Candidates are sought with experience in design, specification, plant testing, modelling, software configuration, commissioning, tuning, training and support of APC schemes.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Drive business development activities to grow the APC practice and secure independent projects.
- Act as project manager and technical lead for APC projects and train/hire staff to grow the APC team
- Design and implement Model Predictive Controllers (MPC) for brownfield and greenfield projects.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements at existing plants, develop plans to achieve them and see it through implementation.
You bring to the role:
- A degree in chemical, metallurgical or control engineering demonstrated experience and PEng status (or the experience necessary to attain this). An advanced degree would be an advantage.
- Familiar with major APC platforms (AspenTech DMC3/Plus, Honeywell Profit Controller, Rockwell Pavilion8, ABB Predict and Control, Invensys Connoisseur, etc.).
- Experience in Model Predictive Controller (MPC) design/implementation, including commissioning and post-installation support
- Experience with Intelligent Control (e.g. Fuzzy Logic) and Machine Learning (ML) algorithm design/implementation for control, including commissioning and post-installation support
- Knowledge of, and experience in developing APC integration/interface code for latest generation base-layer control systems (e.g. plant DCS and PLC platforms such as Rockwell ControlLogix, Emerson DeltaV, Siemens S7, Modicon M580, etc.)
- Experience in business case development and for industrial APC applications (e.g., statistical forecasting and quantification of benefits)
- Experience in developing and implementing Advanced Regulatory Control (ARC) strategies for challenging processes in base-layer control systems, including PID control loop tuning
- Skilled in data analysis and utilization of statistical modelling tools (e.g., MatLab, Python mathematical libraries, etc.)
- Experience in the mining, metallurgical, energy and infrastructure sectors
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients on a technical and interpersonal level
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.