Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Site Inspectors to join the Infrastructure group in our Highways & Bridges team in the Thunder Bay location, on a contract basis.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
The role will be based at various sites throughout the Thunder Bay area and you will have the opportunity to work on high profile projects being undertaken on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation throughout the province.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Ensure that construction work is performed in accordance with the contract plans and specifications
Monitoring the constructed product for quality assurance
- Understanding and interpreting the requirements and details of the contract drawings and specifications
- Inspecting the work, materials, means, and methods used in construction
- Employing measuring and testing techniques in assessing contract compliance
- Identifying and acting on any site, contractual and regulatory infractions
- Assisting with the administration of the construction contracts
- Tracking and reporting on the status of inspection activities
- Maintaining daily records of construction activity and progress
You bring to the role:
- Civil Engineering diploma or degree from a recognized College or University
- A current RCCA or RCSI designation from OACETT, or a current registered E.I.T. with PEO
- At least 2 years’ experience working on MTO Construction Bridge or Highway projects
- 5 -15+ years of experience in the inspection of large, multi-discipline and/or highway & bridge projects
- Expertise in the civil/structural discipline
- Sound knowledge of construction inspection and management principles, practices and techniques, as well as knowledge of construction products, materials and equipment
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, and regulations for construction projects
- Must possess sound judgment; strong organizational, administrative, observational and problem-solving skills; effective interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
- Must have a valid Driver license