Supporting our upcoming rail transit projects, the purpose of this role is to manage and monitor the Joint Venture safety program and activities. This will include reporting to the Lead Senior Program Managers and the Joint Venture Executive (JVE) on safety issues and providing advice on safety measures. Specific aspects of the role include coordination and oversight of the following:
- Develop and maintain the Joint Venture Health & Safety Plan
- Prepare and conduct site safety orientations as required
- Investigate safety violations and prepare reports covering investigation and conclusions as required
- Develop and conduct educational programs as necessary for construction site management and supervision staff, site inspectors and project administration staff
- Audit construction activities to identify hazardous conditions and work procedures and recommend corrective action
- Ensure timely reporting of HSE Incidents.
- Review task assignments and construction activities for incorporation of acceptable security and safety measures
- Accuracy of time reporting for all staff engaged in the work
- Compile and manage the Safety Training Records for all staff working on the project
- Provide input into monthly Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) reporting
- Dedicated full-time to the project.
- To be in the GTHA and be available to attend project matters in person and to conduct site audits as required.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience on large multidisciplinary construction projects
- National Construction Safety Officer Designation (NCSO) is mandatory
- Relevant experience as a Construction Safety Officer on a large complex project with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in this role on comparable transit/rail projects a definite asset
- Experience working within Class 1 railway with commuter/freight rail service an asset
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and related regulations.
- Strong knowledge of construction practices, and contract administration.
- Sound judgement, strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or related field.
- Experience in dealing with Ministry of Labour
- Proven experience with accident investigation, design and delivery of training
- Experience with delivery of safety training material an asset
- Experience working with Metrolinx Construction Safety Management Program (CSMP) an asset
- Designation as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional is an asset
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally