Hatch is looking for a Bridge Inspection Engineer with strong project experience to join our NDT and Corrosion/Technologies team in the Mississauga office.
A successful candidate will play a key role in providing specialized technical knowledge, executing challenging projects, building client relationships, and developing the Hatch NDT and Corrosion/Technologies team.
Our Technologies team is focused on the commercialization and delivery of technologies across all three of Hatch’s sectors: Metals, Energy, Infrastructure. We’re a team of innovators and problem solvers who deliver custom and specialized engineering to deliver novel solutions and technologies.
In addition to developing new technologies and selecting and installing equipment in greenfield projects, we help our clients to get the most from their existing assets by providing field support, rebuild repairs, and retrofits. We also work with our clients to optimize their existing technologies to achieve the maximize benefit.
- Provide a high level of technical expertise and problem-solving in areas such as:
- Develop scopes of work for assigned projects
- Execute assigned projects
- Conducting structural condition assessments
- Assisting on bidding and tenders
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office packages
- Preparation of technical reports
In addition to proven technical excellence, this person will be responsible for providing training and mentorship to junior team members and have strong business development capabilities. This role will be client-facing and require the ability to work with dynamic global teams. This position will involve some travel and site inspection work.
- A bachelor degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from accredited universities
- Must be residing in Ontario and GTA
- Minimum of 5 years experience in bridge inspection (OSIM inspections)
- Familiar with bridge condition Surveys
- Familiar with Ontario Bridge Management System (OBMS)
- Knowledge and experience in 3-5 years of working knowledge of field operations for the mining, energy and infrastructure industries
- Demonstrated leadership, ability to build consensus in teams for problem-solving and developing a client base
- Ability to work well with people in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team environment at all levels of the organization, as well as external customers/resources.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and implement multiple concurrent projects or activities to effectively meet business needs.
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and to function independently of supervision
- Able to work on projects locally, across Canada and internationally
Why join us?
We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable.
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
- Work on problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your knowledge on a daily basis
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development