Our Technologies team commercializes and delivers technologies across all three of Hatch's sectors: Metals, Energy, Infrastructure. We're a team of innovators and problem solvers who deliver custom and specialized engineering to deliver novel solutions and technologies.
Our Technologies team is focused on the commercialization and delivery of technology solutions across all three of Hatch’s sectors: Metals, Energy, Infrastructure. We’re a team of innovators and problem solvers who leverage our specialized engineering, project and procurement skills to develop and deliver novel solutions and technologies. In addition to developing new technologies and product lines, we support our clients though design, supply and procurement services and by providing field support services to get the most from their existing assets, while driving continuous technology improvement.
**This role can be based in Mississauga OR Calgary**
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Lead and direct business development activities including: the identification of new clients and opportunities, pursuit plan development, proposal preparation, presentations and deal-making; with the support of relevant Hatch subject matter experts and support teams.
- Manage the execution of projects and studies in the role of Project Engineer/Manager, to ensure delivery on commitments to Clients by providing oversight on technical matters, scope, cost and schedule for projects and assignments.
- Self-perform project and engineering management functions for small and medium sized technology studies, projects and assignments as required.
- Provide mentorship to developing professional colleagues.
- Contribute to, and provide leadership in, the detailed design of custom product lines and mechanical systems for the Energy industry including application such as gasification, solids and gas processing, fluid bed reactors, syngas coolers, etc.
- Evaluate process alternatives and/or equipment/technology selection trade-off studies, including evaluation of suitable materials of construction
- Support the preparation of equipment specification packages and technical project deliverables, reports and presentations in support of procurement activities
- Provide site support, including field verification during construction and vendor fabrication assistance, as required.
You bring to the role:
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Degree from an accredited University, with 8+ years of working experience
- Professional Engineer and PMP certifications preferred
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry, with general knowledge of regulatory standards and local design criteria
- Experience in the development and delivery of new technologies and projects involving new technologies from inception, piloting and demonstration through to commercial deployment will be an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to travel to project sites including remote sites
- Critical and creative thinking and problem-solving skills needed to bring forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Self-starter with an interest in continuous learning
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects
- Ability to function as a member of a multidisciplinary team and coordinate engineering activities between disciplines. Keen business acumen and strong working knowledge of managing intellectual property will be an advantage.
- Leadership skills to support and manage a team of designers and/or engineers
- Theoretical and practical design knowledge of pressurized vessels in general is an asset.