Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Intermediate and Senior Civil Engineers to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group in Atlantic Canada.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Acting as part of the Resident Engineering Team, the candidate will be expected to work on design related to the completion of civil works in areas of mass and detailed earthworks, site grading and drainage, roads, ponds, utilities trenching and backfilling, concrete foundation excavation and backfilling, stormwater management, and sewage network installation and testing.
- Ensure civil design work is being executed in accordance with the design intent, criteria and regulations shown on civil concept drawings and specifications and/or project scopes.
- Support field engineering to ensure the design intent is conveyed to the contractors.
- Ensure project QA/QC procedures are being followed by the field engineering and contractors in accordance with construction specifications.
- Provide technical support to field engineering (as required) for engineering requirements, risk assessments, dispute resolution, filed Request for Information (RFI’s), commissioning, etc.
- Validate assumptions related to site conditions and information derived from interpolation/extrapolation during design phase are encountered in the field.
- It is expected that the professional be deeply knowledgeable of civil QA/QC requirements, understands what it takes to answer RFI’s thoroughly and correctly, familiar various municipal standards and brings a positive attitude towards problem solving.
- The position calls for a professional with a keen eye for detail and that can work well in teams as well as independently.
You bring to the role:
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized engineering university
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Registered or eligible to register as a P.Eng.
- Thorough understanding of the design process including the application of civil design software packages.
- Previous design and construction site experience in mass/detailed earthworks, site grading, storm drainage, access roads, sewers, and earth structures for large projects.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated, quick to deliver and a team player.
- Effective communication skills as the candidate will have to coordinate and communicate with multi-discipline teams and clients as well as team working under his/her supervision.
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally