Hatch is looking for a Corrosion/Materials Engineer with strong project experience to join our NDT and Corrosion team in the Mississauga office.
A successful candidate will play a key role in providing specialized technical knowledge, executing challenging projects, building client relationships, and developing the Hatch NDT and Corrosion team.
Our Technologies team is focused on the commercialization and delivery of technologies across all three of Hatch’s sectors: Metals, Energy, Infrastructure. We’re a team of innovators and problem solvers who deliver custom and specialized engineering to deliver novel solutions and technologies.
In addition to developing new technologies and selecting and installing equipment in greenfield projects, we help our clients to get the most from their existing assets by providing field support, rebuild repairs, and retrofits. We also work with our clients to optimize their existing technologies to achieve the maximize benefit.
- Provide a high level of technical expertise and problem-solving in areas such as:
- Corrosion risk assessments and reviews (field and office-based)
- Materials selection, corrosion and fabrication in support of major projects
- Design and analysis of corrosion monitoring programs
- Failure analysis/ root cause derivation and associated mitigation work
- Develop scopes of work for assigned projects
- Execute assigned projects
- Provide clients with fit-for-purpose solutions for a wide variety of corrosion and materials issues
In addition to proven technical excellence, this person will be responsible for providing training and mentorship to junior team members and have strong business development capabilities. This role will be client-facing and require the ability to work with dynamic global teams. This position will involve some travel and site inspection work.
- A BASc degree in Materials, Metallurgical, Corrosion or Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 3-5 years of corrosion engineering experience and working knowledge of field operations for the mining, energy and infrastructure industries
- Proven understanding of corrosion-related issues through courses, publications, involvement in NACE and other corrosion-related associations.
- NACE certifications, such as CP and CI, will be considered an asset.
- Strong experience with site inspection work, including working knowledge of corrosion testing and inspection techniques
- Registered Professional Engineer or qualified to achieve P.Eng status within 2-3 years, Scientists with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability to build consensus in teams for problem-solving and developing a client base
- Extensive experience in working with codes and standards.
- Ability to work well with people in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team environment at all levels of the organization, as well as external customers/resources.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and implement multiple concurrent projects or activities to effectively meet business needs.
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and to function independently of supervision
- Able to work on projects locally, across Canada and internationally