Hatch is seeking a Senior Hydrogen Consultant to join our Climate Change and Sustainability Practice in Canada. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our growing business aimed at supporting our clients’ decarbonization strategies. This is a senior leadership position, and the candidate is expected to have strong hydrogen experience, ideally having worked at an engineering and technology consulting firm. A proven track record in translating clients’ business requirements into successful proposals and projects is a key requirement and hence strong client facing, networking skills and business acumen, combined with excellent engineering abilities, planning, estimation, and written communication skills, are a must.
Our business is diverse, and we work globally. The successful candidate will have to be agile, able to effectively work in virtual teams, able to embrace diversity in the workplace and cross sell all of Hatch’s vast range of expertise and capabilities.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Act as a subject matter expert and senior advisor on projects
- Lead business development and generate new business leads
- Lead and participate in client engagements and projects with a focus on hydrogen and climate change
- Maintain, develop, and nurture long-term client relationships
- Help expand and support the growth of Hatch’s hydrogen service offerings globally
- Represent Hatch at marketing events such as keynote addresses, workshops, conferences, whitepapers, and industry events
- Develop and coach more junior colleagues
- Be a champion of inclusion and diversity
You bring to the role:
- 10-15 years of hands-on industry experience in hydrogen generation, handling and/or end use projects.
- Proven client relationship management and business development skills.
- Experience in managing and executing feasibility studies, FEED, and EPCM engagements.
- Working knowledge of industry standards, regulations, and codes pertinent to hydrogen.
- Up-to-date knowledge on the global hydrogen market including market trends, technology options and status, and major players.
- Pre-existing and well-connected relationships within the hydrogen industry.
- Proficient at writing technical reports and proposals and preparing engineering documentation.
- Sound knowledge of engineering and project management systems.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams and projects.
- Ability to delegate tasks and effectively supervise and mentor engineers and designers.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and the ability to distill value to clients.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Professional engineering designation.