Our Environmental Services Group (ESG) provides our clients with expertise in climate change, environmental assessment & management, noise & vibration, social impact management, sustainable development design, and water resources. With your help, we can build extraordinary things that co-exist, and benefit local communities and habitats.
- Lead and aggressively grow our existing environmental and sustainability consulting practice in the mining and metals space.
- Identify and develop environmental and sustainability strategy and business opportunities with Hatch’s existing, as well as target clients.
- Build and lead Hatch in providing environmental and sustainability services to the mining and metals sector from early stages of project development, through permits and approvals, closure planning, operations support and closure/reclamation.
- Providing project management, mentorship and advisory leadership to project teams.
- Provide technical and peer review support for client deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with engineering and project teams and other business practices, liaising and supporting global peers.
- Recruit and develop Hatch’s next generation of environmental and sustainability leaders in the mining sector.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education in environmental engineering, engineering science, and/or a related discipline; and may be an Environmental Scientist, Environmental Planner or otherwise have a background in other related multi-disciplinary areas.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience with substantial exposure to the mining sector.
- Experience leading environmental assessments and other regulatory approvals processes for mining projects in Canada.
- Sound understanding of mining principles.
- Solid reputation and understanding of the environmental aspects of the Ontario mining sector through all stages of the mining life cycle.
- Strong leadership and business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with mining clients.
- Demonstrated business development and client engagement experience.
- Effective, open communication and presentation style with the ability to plan and deliver best in class, high quality deliverables.
- Willingness for both domestic and international travel as work required.