Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients with world-class project delivery from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies through our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
The Structural Engineer will be part of an engineering team providing engineering services to large and small projects. The incumbent provides technical leadership in the design of concrete and steel structures. The Structural Engineer is responsible for preparing engineering calculations, technical specifications, data sheets and reports. The Structural Engineer reports to the Lead Structural Engineer on a large project and to the Project Manager or Engineering Manager on a small project.
- Assist the Engineering Manager/Lead Structural Engineer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule
- Work to ensure the implementation of safety and integrity principles in structural documentation
- Maintain structural engineering work procedures, specifications and computer aided design programs
- Prepare engineering calculations
- Prepare technical specifications for a variety of structural engineering tasks involving construction and/or rehabilitation of concrete and steel structures
- Prepare and contribute to technical memos and reports, within areas of expertise
- Provide input to engineering, operating and capital cost estimates
- Prepare and/or review project standard specifications and design criteria
- Stamp documents and drawings as required and if appropriately registered
- Manage small capital and maintenance projects
Qualifications and Experience
- A recognized degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited college or university
- A Master’s degree in structural engineering will be considered an asset
- Registration as a professional engineer. Alternatively, registration as a candidate professional engineer actively working towards professional registration or regional equivalent.
- 10+ years project engineering experience
- Sound understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards
- Experience with MathCad, Staad Pro, SAP 2000 or similar structural analysis software
- Sound knowledge of 3D data-centric design systems
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally