The Mechanical & Piping Group is a Hatch global practice providing Mechanical and Piping design expertise to a wide variety of Hatch's commodity-based business practices. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility, feasibility studies, detailed engineering, construction support and project management. The group supports several different fields, such as energy, mineral processing and infrastructure.
Our Mississauga team is currently seeking a dedicated Senior Piping Engineer to assist project work both in the office and in the field. The Piping Engineer is broadly responsible for establishing system requirements, performing functional analyses, defining design criteria, preparing engineering calculations, developing technical specifications, data sheets and reports. In addition, the Piping Engineer is required to develop, or provide input into, 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Assist in defining project scope
- Assist the Engineering Manager/Lead Mechanical/Piping Engineer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule
- Perform system analyses, establish user requirements, analyze system functional and performance requirements, define design criteria, and establish system layouts and designs
- Prepare engineering calculations such as hydraulic modeling and stress analyses to satisfy user and system requirements
- Prepare technical specifications for procurement of piping components.
- Conduct interface management between related systems
- Prepare data sheets
- Prepare and contribute to technical memos and reports, within areas of expertise
- Provide input to engineering, operating and capital cost estimates
- Prepare and/or review project standard specifications and design criteria
- Prepare or provide input to 3D models and 2D drawings (incl. P&ID’s and Isometrics)
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews
- Carry out assigned tasks within budget and schedule
- Assist in the compilation and delivery of monthly engineering status reports
- Assist with technical queries raised during the construction phase
- Assist in the commissioning of systems on site as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc/BEng in mechanical engineering
- Registration as a professional engineer.
- Minimum eight years’ project engineering experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of industry standards, regulations and codes pertinent to the mechanical engineering discipline
- Ability to function as a member of a multidisciplinary team and coordinate mechanical activities between disciplines
- Sound knowledge of 3D data centric design systems
- Sound knowledge of engineering management systems
- Ability to delegate tasks and effectively supervise others
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects