Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients with world-class project delivery from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies through our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
Hatch is seeking a Project Support Coordinator/Administrator to join our Niagara Falls office. The primary role of the Project Support Coordinator (PSC) is to provide assistance to project teams in the preparation and delivery of documents. Working in our electronic document management system (EDMS), responsibilities include:
- Formatting, quality checking and compiling project documentation using standard templates
- and styles (preparing custom templates or forms as required)
- Registering, allocating document numbers, and storing documents in the EDMS, ensuring
- accurate capture of metadata
- Ensuring all documents are prepared to Hatch quality standards while meeting all client requirements
- Providing support to project team in all aspects of document management and use of the EDMS
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, attending and recording minutes
- Planning and booking travel
- Providing general administrative support to the project management team
- Working closely with the client regarding schedule of document delivery and meetings
- Liaising with document control to assist in document delivery.
- Assisting in setting up distribution matrices in the EDMS
- Registering and maintaining the master list of attribute values in the EDMS, such as the facility breakdown structure codes, procurement package codes etc.
- Managing the package tool and assisting the project teams in maintaining EWP packages, CWP packages and handover packages and other packages as required
- Allocating deliverable document numbers as required
- Uploading engineering/ vendor /contractor deliverable stubs/placeholders in the EDMS
- Registering and classifying deliverables and other documents as required in the EDMS
- Managing versions and revisions in the EDMS
- Transmitting deliverables and other documents as instructed by project leads
- Providing reports from the EDMS such as the engineering status and vendor/contractor document submission status, engineering progress measurement, review cycles and assisting in expediting internal reviews
- Managing the EDMS portals for transmitting, receiving and distributing documents to external users •Auditing meta-data in the EDMS to ensure accurate reporting available
- Ensuring the 24-hour turnaround of requests into document control
- If project hard copy filing for controlled documents is required, assisting the lead document controller in setting up hard copy filing and maintaining hard copy filing.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Advanced level user in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
- Has experience working with an EDMS
- Possesses excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Is resourceful and confident
- Is able to interact in meetings and with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Can adapt to changes, multi-task, organize, and prioritize
- Is detail-oriented and follows tasks to completion
- Needs minimal direction and shows initiative
- Able to solve problems and negotiate difficult situations
- Has minimum 0-3 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in an engineering environment.