Hatch is seeking a highly motivated Senior UX Designer to join the Product Development team in the Digital Practice. Hatch is all about innovation. We challenge our clients with innovative ideas that help them take their business to higher levels. We challenge our employees to act as entrepreneurs in a flat, connected organization to solve our clients’ problems.
Join our diverse team and award-winning culture and be part of our clients’ digital transformation journey. This journey will lead to better outcomes for our clients, people and the planet through innovative decision-making support, autonomous execution, integrated operations and innovative new technology-based solutions.
As a Senior UX Designer, you are an integral part of the Hatch Digital team of passionate people who are creating and transforming the design and vision of various products into seamless and engaging user experiences. You will lead the creative output and digital experience for the digital products and services Hatch produces for our clients. You will lead the strategic design of user focused experience thought out the entire process.
This role will lead the strategic design of user focused experiences throughout the entire design lifecycle. In that process the UX Lead will collaborate with clients, subject matter experts, scrum teams and other stakeholders to turn business requirements, user needs and creative strategy into elegant overall user experience.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Be a person that can lead and oversee the user experience end-to-end and support other in ensuring the output meets the intended outcome
- Be able to assess complex information from multiple sources, such as Data Science optimization inputs & outputs, business requirements, technical constraints, and analytics and translating it into efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, navigation systems, design systems, and visually appealing & clear data visualizations.
- Lead and oversee UX activities such as strategy workshops, user/design research, beacon research, and identification of opportunities to differentiate.
- Create and effectively present UX artifacts (journeys, sketches, wireframes, journey maps, low and mid-fidelity renderings, clickable prototypes, storyboards, etc.) to stakeholders, clients, and teams.
- Test and validate deliverables with users through usability testing and participating in design reviews.
- Work closely with the development team to build & productionize SaaS applications for market while maintaining UX best practices.
- Work in an Agile team and completing committed backlog items within the agreed upon timeframe.
You bring to the role:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, in multidisciplinary backgrounds such as psychology, computer science, information sciences, human/computer interface design, or graphic design
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in the role of UX Designer, Information Architect, or Product Designer
- Strong conceptual/creative thinking, service design and design execution abilities.
- The ability to draw insights from complex data, in areas such as data science algorithms and analytics, and turn those insights into tangible and visually appealing design solutions that provide user value.
- Experience leading exploratory requirement sessions (using tools like Miro to support), and other collaborative working sessions with team members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Good proficiency in the use of industry software such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, , Adobe CC, Adobe XD, Flinto, or other visual design and wireframing tools.
- Experience in creation of rapid prototyping and testing processes.
- An understanding of what user experiences work best for both web & mobile applications.
- Solid understanding of accessibility best practices, and an ability to create accessible products Usability testing