Hatch is seeking a Highways and Bridges Co-op Student with interest in Civil Engineering
What a Co-op at Hatch Will Offer You:
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects in meaningful ways
- Work on problems and gain experience in the office and, as projects permit, on project sites
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning daily
- Benefit from informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Participate in local lunch & learns and other seminars, Student Showcase, Sustainability Week, Toastmasters, and more to develop your skills
- Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees.
We are entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable.
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks for various infrastructure projects
- Coordination with other technicians and related disciplines to produce design deliverables
- Compilation of design drawings
- Preparing design submissions and other technical documents
- Provide assistance to Senior Engineers and Designers as and when needed.
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a Civil Engineering co-op program
- In good academic standing
- Interested in Civil Engineering – bridges and miscellaneous structures as a career
- Extracurricular involvement is considered an asset
- Experience with municipal infrastructure, utility coordination, geotechnical field work, and construction is an asset
- Experience in development of project layouts and civil details.
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Good understanding of Engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to Engineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude and an ability to understand innovation
- Adapts and embraces change.
Relevant Courses: (considered assets – not required)
- Fluid Mechanics
- Project Management
- Infrastructure Design/Planning
- Construction Engineering
To be considered, you must submit: cover letter, resume, and unofficial or official transcript.